- ADEC Application
- ADEC Security Check
- Letter of Reference from my principal
In the meantime I am preparing for the interview, scouring the internet for possible interview questions. I found the following questions on the Footprints Recruiting website:
- Brush up on outcome based education - they will ask about this.
- Familiarize yourself with the history of ADEC.
- Familiarize yourself with the history and culture of Abu Dhabi and the UAE.
- Familiarize yourself with Islamic culture and its customs.
- Dress professionally: for men a suit and tie, for woman business attire.
- Come with a positive attitude: be optimistic yet realistic.
- Speak clearly and succinctly - remember, the interviewers will be assessing you on your spoken language as this is particularly important for second language speakers. Avoid the use of slang or abbreviations.
- Focus on student-centered learning and relationsip building as these are critical to your success as a teacher in Abu Dhabi.
- Don't say that you have nothing to improve on in your teaching - nobody is perfect and we can all do better.
- Make sure to have solid examples based on past experience - say what you've done, not what you would do.
- Know your behaviour management strategies.
- Know how to assess your students, both formally and informally.
- Know what rigour looks like.
- Know your theory of second language learning.
I wish I knew someone that was also preparing for the interview so that we could share ideas but all the blogs I have found are teachers that are already there.