I wrote this last year before I left. I wanted to take a look back and see what I have accomplished and what I still need to work on.
- Save some money so that I can come back and put a down payment on a place
Still working on this. I decided to take this year to pay off my school loan as opposed to saving.
- Pay off my debt
I have paid about half of my debt (all of my student loan, hamdullah) I am happy about this.
- Travel, travel travel--I hope to go back to Southeast Asia at Christmas (Parts of Thailand I have not been to; Phuket, Chang Mai, North Vietnam and Cambodia)
This year I did go to Chang Mai, North Vietnam, Cambodia, Loas, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar, and Greece. I am impressed with the travel I have done. I still need to go to Phuket, maybe this Christmas.
- My travel wish list also includes; Australia, Turkey, Oman, Quatar, Ghana and hopefully a few weeks backpacking in Europe, I have NEVER done this!
Australia, Turkey and Ghana are still on the list as well as backpacking. I think I will do the backpacking when I leave the UAE and take a month in Europe.
- I pray that my apartment has a gym and if not I hope that there is one near by
No gym in my apartment but I joined one at the hotel, the membership includes a pool.
- I am able to run and hopefully make some running buddies.
Too hot to run :(
- I want to run the Abu Dhabi Half Marathon in November! How cool would that be?
Ummmm see above.
- Learn Arabic, I love languages and Arabic would be a great one to have working knowledge of
Started taking lessons but had to stop. Going to try and at least work on my letters.
All in all I am happy with with the goals I have accomplished.
-travel to Kenya, Phillipines, Japan and Ireland, maybe I can squeeze Turkey in there.
-Pay off the rest of the debt.
-Go on a few more dates.
-I have a big wedding next summer so I am going to focus on dropping some weight. I wanna say 25 pounds to start but 40 would be ideal.