Pages

Monday, August 11, 2014

Summer Vacation Part 1


    Hello readers! I know that I have been MIA, I apologise for that but I have been enjoying my summer vacation at home. 

I would like to welcome all the new teachers to the UAE, enjoy this time, try new things, make new friends because soon school will start and that is not going to be so fun. If you have any questions or if you have been placed in Al Ain leave me a comment and we will be in touch. 

    This summer is almost over (one week left) and I must say that I have had a great summer.

   I got to see teachers from my old school and catch up with them. Some of you may remember that the high school that I attended as well as taught at for 7 years closed last June. Thankfully most of my teacher friends have found work. Our school sadly went bankrupt (it was an all girl private school) and has now been bought by another French private elementary school and will open in 2015.

     I also went back to hot yoga and Zumba.  Both are forms or exercise that I love. 

Outdoor Zumba!

    The other thing I missed about Montreal was all the wonderful breakfast spots. My absolute favourite breakfast (besides bake and salt fish but I will talk about that later) is a bagel with cream cheese, smoked salmon, red onions, tomato and capers. De-effing- licious!



  I have never been a huge pork fan but I did miss ribs. I had some with sweet potato fries from Baton Rouge one of my favorite restaurants.


 
Part 2 will talk about my weekend in Toronto. 

Take care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment