Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2014

When The Proverbial Shit Hits The Fan

   I lost it on Tuesday. I.lost.it. I got so made at that disrespectful class that I ended class early. When someone came to tell me that class wasn't finished, I said, 'No, no, I AM FINISHED'. The good kids in the class tried to apologize to me,( isn't that how it always is? The 'good' kids are saying sorry for the bad ones in the class, when in all reality the not so good ones should be saying sorry?') I told them that I didn't want to see them or speak to them. 
   The next day they tried to apologize again, I didn't want to talk to them. I guess they figured I was serious, so they went to their Arabic teacher and asked her to talk to me. She said they were really sorry and promised to be good.  So far they have been as good as they can be. I guess you have to lose (it) to win! 

8 comments:

  1. Hey Miss H, I hope things have gotten better for you. How much longer do you have on your contract? Are you planning to leave once your contract expires? -Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi D, I can end my contract at the end of this academic year, but I had set out to stay for at least three years so I am here.

      Delete
  2. :( Hope things are getting better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope things get better, you all should have a break coming soon, yes? Hang in there. This sounds similar to what we deal with here in the U.S. For what it's worth: your blog has inspired me to go forth with my dream of living/educating abroad. I stayed up until 2am reading through all 100+ posts, knowing I had to be up by 5am! The Most High meant for me to see your story. I figure if I can deal with unruly students stateside, why not do so while fulfilling a lifelong goal?

    Thank you for sharing your highs and lows. You've been inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading, I am really appreciate it!

      Delete
  4. I hope your days with your students have gotten better! You have inspired me to live and teach in Abu Dhabi. Looking forward to your next post...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely LOVE your blog, very informative, funny, real and just the right amount or words and pictures! I read every single entry! (August 2015 hopeful)
    :)

    ReplyDelete