Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Putting Kids In Their Place

     Sometimes you have to put kids in their place. Kids at school love to touch my face. I hate it. I don't know where their hands have been, after all they are kids. I have dimples and they find that amazing and always want to touch them. They always want to pinch my cheeks, once again I hate it. Today a girl did it and I almost lost it, I told her it is rude to touch someone's face. She asked me what 'rude' meant. So we looked it up in the dictionary. When she saw the Arabic word her face went blank. I could tell that she felt so bad. I tried to aleve the situations by telling her that I am only telling her this because I care about her and she cannot go around touching peoples faces, I didn't want to make her feel bad.  Nevertheless, 10 minutes later ANOTHER child touched my forehead because 'I looked hot'. 

*sigh*

1 comment:

  1. I had thought was the only black teacher in abudhabi.

    ReplyDelete