Pages

Friday, July 22, 2016

European World Wind Tour: Why Solo Travel Is The Ish.

     Last Christmas break I went on the trip of a lifetime. I was supposed to go to Prague with a friend and he bailed on me during booking. I had never been interested in Prague until he mentioned it, but the more I researched the more I love it. So I left Dubai and headed to Prague. 

The streets are like a fairy tale. I also frequented the famous Christmas markets. 

I did a free walking tour (they are wonderful , all you have to is tip the guide). I usually take these tour the first day and if there is anything that I see in the tour that I am interested in, then I will go back and check it out. 


I also went to the infamous 'Bone Church ' located in Kuta Hora an hour outside of Prague. 



From Prague I flew to Amsterdam. I once again did a free walking tour, a friend from the UAE met me and we walked around the red light district and took a nice river cruise. I have to go back to ride a bike around the city. I also went to the Van Gogh Museum and Anne Frank House. 



From Amsterdam, I flew to Milan. I got to see the Last Supper painting in person. #amazing


Unreal. You have to buy a ticket in advance and you only get 15 minutes to sit and take in the painting. After that I went to see the Duomo, one of the largest churches in the world. 


The views from the Duomo's roof were stunning. 


I ate the best pizza I have ever had.


From Milan I flew to Düsseldorf,Germany. There I met a friend from Canada who has family there. 


We walked around and took in the cites.


Drank a beer, even though beer isn't my thing. 


From Düsseldorf, my friend and I went to Paris for New Year's Eve. 

We had an amazing time! 


We walked down the Champs D'Elyse, and ate at an amazing steak frites restaurant. 

 

We also went to the Lovre and saw the Mona Lisa, I was surprised at how small she was. 


Five countries in two weeks isn't too shabby. I think I need to do another trip like this but in the summer. 



Such an amazing trip. 

5 comments:

  1. You had an amazing Xmas....

    Lionel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I am in Montreal for the summer. When I am done my contract I will most likely come back to Canada.

      Delete
  3. What an amazing trip and that pizza looked the bomb!

    ReplyDelete