Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

Interview Prep

     I decided to just take my passport pictures like that, they actually turned out better than the last ones so I am happy.  I took my application to the office and they told me that I will get my passport by May 13.  That is perfect because I will have it just in time for the interview.  In the meantime I am collecting more documents to send to my Teachanywhere rep:

  • ADEC Application
  • ADEC Security Check
  • Letter of Reference from my principal
  • CV
   The only things that I am missing is a copy of my passport page and my criminal record check which I should get today or tomorrow in the mail.

     In the meantime I am preparing for the interview, scouring the internet for possible interview questions.  I found the following questions on the Footprints Recruiting website:


  • Brush up on outcome based education - they will ask about this.
  • Familiarize yourself with the history of ADEC.
  • Familiarize yourself with the history and culture of Abu Dhabi and the UAE.
  • Familiarize yourself with Islamic culture and its customs.
  • Dress professionally: for men a suit and tie, for woman business attire.
  • Come with a positive attitude: be optimistic yet realistic.
  • Speak clearly and succinctly - remember, the interviewers will be assessing you on your spoken language as this is particularly important for second language speakers. Avoid the use of slang or abbreviations.
  • Focus on student-centered learning and relationsip building as these are critical to your success as a teacher in Abu Dhabi.
  • Don't say that you have nothing to improve on in your teaching - nobody is perfect and we can all do better.
  • Make sure to have solid examples based on past experience - say what you've done, not what you would do.
  • Know your behaviour management strategies.
  • Know how to assess your students, both formally and informally.
  • Know what rigour looks like.
  • Know your theory of second language learning.
This week I will be spending my free time researching the answers to this questions, so that I am comfortable if I am asked any of the above.

I wish I knew someone that was also preparing for the interview so that we could share ideas but all the blogs I have found are teachers that are already there.

1 comment:

  1. so ya. Now I'm over here! Wishing you the best and following along. xo

    ReplyDelete