Pages

Sunday, June 23, 2013

7 Weeks

  There are roughly 7 weeks left until I leave Montreal for my new life in Abu Dhabi.  Slowly, the reality that I am leaving is sinking in. This week will be the last week at my school. Last week was my last prom with the students. People keep asking me if I am excited to embark on this new adventure that will take me half way around the world, I must say that I am not excited yet, because I keep thinking about all the things that I have to do; I am still looking for someone to take over my car lease, I have to go to the bank, sell a few items in my current place, pack and move.
   I am also going to Vegas for four days with my mother in July and of course I have to have a going away party.  I have joined a few groups on Facebook and I am thankfully to have individuals who are already in the UAE to answer all my questions, but it really is information overload. I feel like a high school student who felt ready for an exam, but then got to the exam and talked to other students and is overwhelmed at all the possibilities of things that can be asked on the test.  I really have to take a moment sometimes and tell myself to breath.
    Looks like I will be leaving anywhere after August 7th since that is when Ramadan ends.  The crazy thing is that I can be told up to two days before when I will be leaving. In the words of Kanye West, "That sh*t cray".    This is my current screen saver.  Isn't it beautiful? In 7 weeks my life is going to change forever.


3 comments:

  1. Where did you hear the information about not leaving until after Ramadan? Are you with TeachAway, Footprints, or another agency?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with TeachAnywhere and my rep said that we will "probably" be leaving after the 7th of August. She told me that people from our company left between August 8 and 12 last year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting Dubai has been in my mind for quite some time now. It can still wait though.

    Bloom Gardens Abu Dhabi

    ReplyDelete