Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2013

5 Stages

    The waiting game is not a fun one.  I have never waited like this in my life.  Even when I was waiting for my acceptance into University it wasn't this bad.  I was talking to a friend today and realised this waiting for my ticket is similar to the stages of grief.  This caused me to create:

The 5 stages of waiting for an e-ticket:
1. Happiness--Yeah, I am going to Abu Dhabi!  Woo hoo!  No more winter.

2. Anticipation--Today is the day I will get my ticket!  I am going to be off on a new adventure.


3. Depression--Everyone is getting their ticket but me.  What did I do to deserve this?  She is from the same city as me/interviewed the same day as me and got her ticket!!??


4. Anger--When is my f!@king ticket going to get here!  I swear, why can't these people have their act together!


5. Acceptance-It will come when it comes. I have no control over when it is coming , so I better just enjoy the time that I am here (I am here now...sort of)


Today I started packing up my apartment, boxing things up and taking it to my parents house, this made me feel so helpless, despair washed over me.  Everything just looked so empty.  This has been my home and now all my personal items are packed in boxes and I am setting off leaving half of the stuff I love behind.

I am meeting the guy about taking over my car Monday, I am so excited that I found someone to take over the lease, this has been such a huge burden, I am praying that it all works out.  I am also having a Sushi dinner for my birthday (it was Monday) with all my friends tomorrow, cannot wait to see them all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment