Pages

Saturday, August 31, 2013

6 Hours In Paris


     As I said in the last post, I arrived in Paris at around 11 am and my flight to Abu Dhabi was leaving at 10 pm. So I had a few hours in Paris.  I have never been to Paris before and the Eiffel Tower as always been a dream of mine. I had to wait in line to clear customs and that took about an hour. The first thing I did was exchange some money to euros. I then emptied my huge purse into my carry on and checked it into this locker for 6 hours for 6 euros.
     I then asked how to get to the Eiffel Tower, I was given directions and a map. I bought two, one way tickets and took the train to the Eiffel Tower. I had to change trains, but after an hour I got there.  My friend had suggested that I walk up because it would be faster, she was right.  The line was much shorter.  I walked about half way up because the line to the top was too long and I was really on a time crunch.  The view was breathtaking.


     I was sweating like a mofo, but it was so beautiful.  I never want to see another set of stairs for awhile.   When I got down, I made my way across the street to the one hour boat tour.  I had to wait about 20 minutes , in the mean time bought a chicken and cheese crepe ( delicious).  The tour was amazing, cruising on the Seine so relaxing.  I saw the Notre Dame cathedral, the Sorbonne and even the place that marks the location of Princess Diana's death.  I was so tired that I kept nodding off and missed a bit of the tour because I haven't slept in over 24 hours. 


I headed back to the airport , collected my luggage and ate the best chocolate macaroon that I have ever had in my life (and a chocolate croissant, how are Parisians not a million pounds???).

I had about 2 hours to kill before boarding so I bought an hour and a half of wifi ( the Paris airport only gives 15 minutes of free wifi, really Paris!!!???).  I also called my mom from my iPad app and told her I was ok and got to see the Eiffel Tower. I then boarded the plane did I mention it is Etihad Airlines?

  I ended up being in the the section above economy (not first, but a super nice in between). Tremendous leg room, personal screen.  I swear this trip has been amazing so far, I have really been blessed. 

I cannot believe in less than an hour I will be landing in Abu Dhabi.



4 comments:

  1. It's so great that you got to explore Paris! I've never been, but would love to go. What a great start to your trip!

    Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Haneefa! The wait was well worth it I see. My layover was in Chicago...LoL! I know you enjoyed the "brief" stay in Paris. It's definitely on my list of places I will be visiting while on the wonderful adventure I have been BLESSED with. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enjoying this adventure you are on. You look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is very exciting to experience your adventure vicariously. Keep up the great posts!

    ReplyDelete